Pages

Monday, April 12, 2010

Maternity Leave with No Baby!!

That's right, I'm officially on maternity leave....but I don't have a baby...yet! It's definitely a weird feeling. For some reason, I always thought that I would go into labor at school, and Britt would have to meet me in Cordova. I guess it's a good thing that didn't happen, just logistics-wise.

So for now, I'm just waiting...

We had our 39 week appointment on Friday. It went ok. My doctor kind of aggravated me a little bit. He wants to do another ultrasound on Wednesday to check Lucy's grown and make sure she hasn't ballooned into a giant baby in the last month (since our last u/s). To me though, it doesn't make a lot of since.

At 35 weeks, I measured 2cm ahead, so they did an u/s. She was only estimated to be in the 35th percentile (whoo hoo, no need to schedule an induction)! So, at 39 weeks, I measured 41cm (that's right, still 2cm ahead), and he wants to do another u/s. I mean, logically, couldn't we assume that she'll still be a reasonable size, and under the 50th percentile?

If she's big, he said he'd want to induce at the end of this week. The problem is that she doesn't want come out...haha. Or at least I haven't made any progress towards effacing or dilating. So an induction with none of that going on is like begging for a c-section.

And to top it all off, he induces with Cytotec....a drug that is NOT approved by the FDA for that use and carries a risk of uterine rupture. Haha, needless to say, that is NOT a risk I'm willing to take!

We'll just have to see what Wednesday's u/s will tell us. I'm praying that she'll still be the right size, and I'll be allowed to go into labor on my own. If not, Britt and I will have some hard decisions to make...

On a happier note, my house is spotless! Gotta love nesting :)

Things I'm planning on doing this week to keep me occupied:

Water aerobics with the little ladies at my gym (Monday and Friday)
Scrapbooking...working on some pre-made pages for Lucy's "first year" book
Cleaning out the air conditioner/dog food cabinet
Walking Walking Walking
Doctor on Wednesday
Picking up our Grow Alabama box on Thursday

And who knows what else the week will bring :)

No comments: