Pages

Sunday, January 9, 2011

Snow and Finger Food

It's snowing! For a while I thought that all the weathermen in Birmingham had lost their minds. Nothing was coming from the sky. But about 6:30 or so, it finally started sleeting/icing. After a pretty thick layer of ice covered the yard, the snow started. I'm not sure that we'll get the predicted 4-8", but I do hope to make a little snow something tomorrow (I doubt we'll have enough for a man...maybe a snow baby).


And, how ironic is this? We're out of milk. I went to the store yesterday...NOT to get milk and bread like every other Alabamian does when snow is forecasted, but because we genuinely need groceries. I didn't think I'd need milk though. Oh well. No Cinnamon Toast Crunch tomorrow. I'll have to settle for some oatmeal or a bagel.
In other news, we've been trying to give Lucy foods with a thicker consistency. Today I made a roast in the crockpot. So instead of her usual baby food, I lightly mashed some potatoes, carrots, and onions, and let her pick it up with her fingers.
Talk about a mess! But I think she enjoys feeding herself.

1 comment:

Crystal J said...

we have 3 inches here already!! It's coming down like crazy!!!